Globally the attainment of quality Education and Inclusivity of all is a major platform for National Socio-economic transformation. In this highlight, Kenyan government, through the Ministry of Education (MOE) appreciates that education and inclusivity of all citizens is vital for the achievement of the Kenya Vision 2030 and a springboard to the government’s “Big 4 Agenda”; which are;
- Affordable healthcare for all.
- affordable housing
- Manufacturing and,
- Food Security.
In order to achieve the national development goals, quality, inclusive education and trainings for all is vital to realize the citizen development prerequisites of a fast transforming and a more diverse economy. Through quality Education and learning process, the cycle of poverty, domestic violence against women and children, family breakdowns and exclusion can be stopped.
SOMIRENEC’s Education program is run under the UN SDG’s goal 4 (Quality Education for all). The education program is designed to support women and girls from the pastoralist’s communities in Marsabit County in the attaining of basic literacy, and also supports children from vulnerable families in the informal settlements of Kawangware (St. Stephen preparatory school and Havard School) and Kibera (St. Michael Nursery school) in attaining their education desires. SOMIRENEC has partnered with various stakeholders and the County Government of Nairobi and Marsabit to realize this noble goal.
The education program entails;
- Provision of textbooks and other education kits for both teachers and learners.
- Support with science equipment, infrastructure (digital competency, water and computers)
- Feeding program
- Support with sports equipment and attires
- Promoting health and life skills to the pupils. As well as encouraging schools to organize extra-curricular activities for holistic growth.